Vista Las Palmas Neighborhood Organization Annual Meeting Minutes November 20, 2016
Call to order by Mike Ziskind, Chairman at 3:00 pm, at the O’Donnell Golf Club.
- Introduction of Board members
- Introduction of new neighbors
- Review of agenda
Treasurer report by Mary Jo Potts
- Review of expenditures
- Balance in VLPNO account $19,747.10
Palm Springs Fire Department, Robert Wright, Battalion Chief
- Chief Wright spoke regarding holiday safety warning.
Palm Springs Police Department, Officer Eric Christensen
- Topics discussed: Current crime statistics, department staffing and hiring of additional officers.
Office of Neighborhood Involvement, Denise Goolsby
- Introduction to the VLP neighborhood and explanation on her new position.
Mayor Robert Moon
- Topics included Vacation Short Term Rentals, Downtown building update, new housing developments and new hotels.
Survey priorities update
- Security: Mike Ziskind and Mike Marchi
- Vacation Rentals: Marla Malaspina
- Social Events: Howard Hawks
- 2 summer events were held for the neighborhood in 2016, Social events committee will look at holding another in the Spring 2017
- Road Repairs, Sheila Cobrin
VLPNO Modernism Home Tour, Mike Curcio
- Overview of the 2017 home tour.
- This year will be an evening tour featuring 5 homes ending with a cocktail party reception with open bar, entrainment and food.
- Entertainment will be provided by the Gand Group
- 300 tickets will be available through the Modernism website at $150.00 per ticket. As of this meeting we sold 220 tickets.
- Home tour will be co-sponsored by The Center, proceeds will be given to them provided they are an active participant.
- Members raised questions as to why we are donating to one charity. Mike Curcio explained that the board would like to make sizable difference to a charity that helps all of Palm Springs and that with the residual funds in our VLPNO account we would make smaller donations to other charities.
- (Post Annual Meeting, it was decided by the Board to donate to many of the charities that were previously donated to in prior years.)
- Meeting adjoined at 4:30 pm