I have lived in Vista Las Palmas since 1959. I helped form the Vista Las Palmas Neighborhood Organization in 2005 and have always made it my priority. I have a good working relationship with the city department heads and they listen to what we have to say. I sit on several committees and chair the One-PS Ecology Committee which speaks to issues that affect all of Palm Springs. I want to see Vista Las Palmas continue to preserve our iconic architecture and be a standard bearer for other neighborhoods in our city.
As a permanent resident of Palm Springs, I’ve seen a great deal of change, and want to be part of helping Vista Las Palmas community reach its full potential. My experience as a Senior HR Executive (retired) has helped organizations build global world-class people organizations. I’ve served on various organizations such as Volunteers of America, Women in Need, and Ronald McDonald House. I welcome this opportunity to serve the VLP community.
I have been on the Vista Las Palmas Neighborhood Organization board for the past several years. I have been a full-time Vista Las Palmas resident for over 5 years and a Palm Springs homeowner for many more.
Our neighborhood, Palm Springs, and preservation is my passion. I feel privileged to know so many of my neighbors and to be able to call Vista Las Palmas my home.
After living 30 years in the Bay area, I’ve made Palm Springs my home for the past year and a half and have never felt more at home. Since moving here I have been actively involved in advocating for residents across Palm Springs negatively impacted by short-term rentals. I am thrilled to be serving on the board of VLP. When not involved in local politics or VLP concerns, I run an investment management practice focused on aligning my clients’ investments with their values and I manage four socially screened index tracking equity funds.
My vision for Vista Las Palmas is a safe, welcoming neighborhood, that
- Respects our unique, historic architectural past
- Welcomes new neighbors, new ideas and creativity in everything we do
- Gives back to those in need locally in our community
- Creates unique social activities to encourage neighbor-to-neighbor interaction
- Assures city policy makers respect our positions on issues of importance
- Includes a high-performing, transparent board which values experience and new ideas
My current volunteer positions include
- Board member, Vista Las Palmas Neighborhood Organization since 2011
- City appointee & Vice Chairman | PS Villagefest Street Fair since 2011
- Board member | PS Gay Men’s Chorus since 2012
During my professional career
- I planned, organized, and executed cutting-edge, large-scale federal events in the U.S. and Mexico. These included tribal summits, courthouse dedications, border station openings, groundbreakings, media uplink/downlinks, conventions and tradeshows.