SAVE THE DATE! We’re celebrating our 60th and you’re invited... Don’t miss our VLP Birthday Bash and Annual Meeting on November 18th, the Sunday afternoon before Thanksgiving. Our events chair has already reserved the lush outdoor space at O’Donnell Golf Club and the board assures you that this year, our business portion of the meeting will be 30 minutes or less! So please mark your calendar NOW as we celebrate 60 iconic years of Vista Las Palmas with heavy hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
Our latest VLP social event was held Wednesday, March 21 at the new Mexican restaurant, Alebrije, on Palm Canyon Drive. Board members Amy Brinkman and Howard Hawkes organized the reception in record time and 55 residents attended. The food was delicious!
Here is a quick summary of the most notable results:
- Residents enjoy living in Vista Las Palmas and truly appreciate our iconic mid-century architecture and scenic location
- 35% expressed concerns about noise and short term rentals
- 40% stated that any day works for a neighborhood social gathering while 32% prefer weekends
- 10% of residents never attend VLP social events
- Many residents who responded prefer we have our Annual Meeting during the autumn months; either the week before Thanksgiving or another autumn date
- Most support the February 2019 VLP home tour - and 47 have offered to assist - either by opening their homes or helping otherwise