We’re a neighborhood that cares. Since we started our VLP home tours, we have donated over $100,000 to local charities. This year we gave over $16,000. The charities were selected with consideration of: mission, need, number of clients served, and low or no overhead. These include:
- Palm Springs Fire Department – Defibrillator Fund for the fire trucks/ambulances
- Neuro Vitality Center for needy stroke victims (used to be Stroke Recovery Center)
- Digicom facilitates digital storytelling in PS schools reaching 200 teachers, 500 kids
- Palm Springs Unified School District Foundation-Scholarship for graduating seniors
- Palm Springs Police Canine Fund
- AIDS Assistance Program: 100% of our donation purchases food for clients
- The Center of Palm Springs serving over 45,000 GLBT annually of all ages
- Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter to support their work at the shelter
- Sanctuary Palm Springs – for homeless gay youth
- Palm Springs Boys and Girls Club – summer camp for indigent kids
- Build-A-Bike foundation to provide bikes to kids of valley migrant farm workers
- Palm Springs Preservation Foundation—preserves historic resources of PS
In addition, we approved one additional donation to support the under-served neighborhood of Desert Highlands in N. Palm Springs. Our financial support enabled eight children to begin summer practice for the Palm Springs High School Indians football team and cheerleading squad. Without our support, these kids would not have been able to afford the requisite equipment.
And finally, through your own holiday generosity, we purchase toys in December for children in need. We then turn them over to the PS Fire Department for distribution.
Click Here to donate to our Toy Fund.