My vision for Vista Las Palmas is a safe, welcoming neighborhood, that
- Respects our unique, historic architectural past
- Welcomes new neighbors, new ideas and creativity in everything we do
- Gives back to those in need locally in our community
- Creates unique social activities to encourage neighbor-to-neighbor interaction
- Assures city policy makers respect our positions on issues of importance
- Includes a high-performing, transparent board which values experience and new ideas
My current volunteer positions include
- Board member, Vista Las Palmas Neighborhood Organization since 2011
- City appointee & Vice Chairman | PS Villagefest Street Fair since 2011
- Board member | PS Gay Men’s Chorus since 2012
During my professional career
- I planned, organized, and executed cutting-edge, large-scale federal events in the U.S. and Mexico. These included tribal summits, courthouse dedications, border station openings, groundbreakings, media uplink/downlinks, conventions and tradeshows.
After living 30 years in the Bay area, I’ve made Palm Springs my home for the past year and a half and have never felt more at home. Since moving here I have been actively involved in advocating for residents across Palm Springs negatively impacted by short-term rentals. I am thrilled to be serving on the board of VLP. When not involved in local politics or VLP concerns, I run an investment management practice focused on aligning my clients’ investments with their values and I manage four socially screened index tracking equity funds.